Luckily, there is a way out. Ask your teacher to give you extra tasks that are more difficult. If you manage the average school program, then you definitely need something more complicated, isn’t that obvious? Make a step forward and ask to give you more difficult tasks.
How to Make School Time Fly
This article was co-authored by Ashley Pritchard, MA. Ashley Pritchard is an Academic and School Counselor at Delaware Valley Regional High School in Frenchtown, New Jersey. Ashley has over 3 years of high school, college, and career counseling experience. She has an MA in School Counseling with a specialization in Mental Health from Caldwell University and is certified as an Independent Education Consultant through the University of California, Irvine.
You know the feeling. The clock says 2:00, and you don’t get out of school till 3:00. Every second seems to drag on for an hour. Nonetheless, you can make the time pass a little faster if you give it some effort.
Doodle in your notebook. If your teacher doesn’t make the rounds to see what you’re writing, you can try drawing in your notebook as the teacher talks. If you tilt the notebook toward you, you’ll look like you’re taking notes, but you’ll actually be making the time pass more quickly. Bonus that you get to improve on your art a little bit.  X Research source
Enjoy some creative writing time. This method may work even better than doodling. As long as your teacher doesn’t look too closely at what the words are, it will definitely look like you’re taking notes. Write a journal entry or write a note to your best friend. Alternatively, try writing a short story based on something you see in the room. What’s that stapler’s life story, for instance?  X Research source
Make rhymes. With everything your teacher says, try to turn it into a rhyme. For instance, if your teacher says, “The climate in Spain is very wet.” You could think, “When in Spain, it will rain.” As an added bonus, you’ll still partially be paying attention.  X Research source
Count your way to freedom. Pick something to count. You can count the number of times your teacher uses the letter “z” or the number of times they say, “Listen!” Counting forces you to stay awake and can help you lose track of time.  X Research source
Interact with your teacher and classmates. When you’re given a chance, speak up in class. Join in with what people are talking about. If your teacher doesn’t allow small group discussions, they probably at least encourage you to ask and answer questions. Being engaged instead of sitting there bored can help time pass faster.  X Research source
Figure out why you find school so boring. Write down things that you find annoying or boring about school. Maybe it’s certain subjects you don’t like. Maybe you just don’t like sitting still for so long. Maybe you can’t stand not talking for that period of time. Whatever it is, write it down.  X Research source
- You can’t change everything you dislike about school. However, you can change some things. Don’t be afraid to talk to your teachers about things that would help you. Some teachers may not be willing to change the class up, but others will want to do everything they can to help you.  X Research source
- If you do approach your teacher with a request, make sure to do it when you’re not in class. Try coming after school. You could say something like, “Hi, Mrs. Jones. I came here to ask you to consider a favor. I know the class is already short, but I was wondering if maybe we could take a short stretch break in the middle. Moving around a little can really help me focus better, and I think other students might feel the same. I completely understand if you don’t want to do it, but I’d appreciate it if you thought about it.”
Challenge yourself. Sometimes you may feel a little bored because you’re waiting for other students to catch up. If you are bored for that reason, it’s fine to ask your teacher for something a little more challenging while you wait. They may be able to give you something that will help you use your brain and keep you entertained at the same time.  X Research source
You Might Also Like
How to Make Time Pass Faster At School. Method 1
How to make the day go by faster while you are in class and having an extremely boring lesson? Let’s say, math? Well, we have all been there dude! And yes, it is very difficult to keep your mind focused on a subject that you don’t feel like exploring that much.
So try to daydream a bit! It may sound crazy or unusual, but it can really help! If there are still a few spare minutes left before the bell rings, let your mind wander. You can think of what you are going to do after school today or imagine where you would go if you could choose any place in the world.
If you are a fan of superhero movies, think of different variations of your favorite superheroes! Imagine you can fly or read other people’s minds. Or try to think of what your life would be like if you had another (what exactly?) superpowers.
Like this, your mind will become a bit distracted being able to stay in reality at the same time. Of course, when using this method for distracting yourself, stay real and don’t fly away too far! You don’t want to fall out of the real world and be unable to hear what is going on in the class!
To stay grounded, try to incorporate your fantasies into real life. For instance, if you are having a super boring math class right now, and you are dreaming about robots, why not try to imagine that these robots are fighting each other using the quadratic equation?!
How to Make Time Go Faster When You Are At School. Method 2
There is another way you can go if you need to figure out how to pass time quickly when at school! And yes, that’s good old doodling! The good thing about this method is that you don’t need to be Michelangelo to practice it! You don’t even need to know how to draw.
Simply draw whatever your hand wants in your notebook. It can be patterns, brief sketches of your classmates or your teacher, geometric figures, etc. Some students find it useful to draw things that are connected with what their teacher is telling them about during the lesson, by the way. For instance, if you are being told about the Roman Empire, then why not sketch Roman soldiers in their funny helmets? Try it, too! Perhaps, it will help you memorize the new information better.
Credits: Eniko Toth, Canva.com
Breaking Up the Boredom
1. Divide your programs into sections. While you’re a single monotonous time frame, it’d seem to go on without end. Nonetheless, if you happen to divide your time into smaller chunks, it might appear to go faster as you undergo smaller sections. After all, you are simply doing this in your mind, nevertheless it would possibly make it appear as if you are getting by way of college faster.
2. Decide why you dislike college a lot. Make an inventory of issues that irritate or bore you about college. Perhaps you do not like particular matters. Perhaps you do not get pleasure from sitting immobile for prolonged intervals of time. Perhaps you’ll be able to’t bear not speaking for therefore lengthy. No matter it’s, make an observation of it.
3. Attempt to provide you with options to your challenges. Whether or not you’ll be able to’t sit nonetheless for prolonged intervals of time, ask your professors in case your class might take transient stretch breaks within the midst of sophistication to let you transfer about extra. If specific matters boring you, attempt to establish issues that intrigue you inside these areas. For instance, it’s possible you’ll despise historical past, however it’s possible you’ll discover it extra intriguing if you happen to learn the actual tales of people from that period somewhat than a broad abstract.
- You’ll be able to’t alter every part about college that you do not like. You’ll be able to, nevertheless, make some modifications. Do not be scared to talk along with your professors about objects that can profit you. Some professors could also be unwilling to switch the category, whereas others will exit of their approach to help you.
- In the event you do method your teacher with a request, you should definitely do it whereas nobody else is within the room. Come after college if attainable. You might say something alongside the traces of, “Hiya, Mrs. Jones. I’ve come to ask you to do me a favor. I perceive that the category is already brief, however I used to be questioning if we might have slightly stretch break within the center. I discover that shifting a few bit helps me focus higher, and I consider that different children might really feel the identical approach. I perceive if you happen to do not wish to do it, however I would admire it if you happen to thought-about it.”
4. Attempt one thing new. You can really feel a bit bored at occasions because you’re ready for different pupils to catch up. In the event you’re bored due to this, it is okay to ask your teacher for one thing a bit extra powerful to do when you wait. They can give you one thing that can each show you how to make the most of your mind and maintain you amused.